Each year, millions of people worldwide die from infectious diseases. Infectious diseases are diseases. Because the virus has, bacteria, parasites and fungi Prof. specialized hospital infections Dr. Sulianti Saroso of certain infectious diseases, the most dangerous of them in Indonesia, among others:, anthrax, dengue, Chikungunya fever, diarrhea, filariasis, bird flu, flu Singapore, hepatitis, leptospirosis, malaria, pneumonia, polio, SARS, mad cow, Steven-Johnson (respiratory infection) and tuberculosis syndrome.
Unlike degenerative diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, gout and other diseases are preventable infections actually easier if we implement preventive measures disciplined. Here are some tips to keep you from infectious diseases:
- Wash hands frequently. Hand washing helps remove germs that are obtained from animals, dirty, or contaminated objects. They are particularly difficult to wash hands before, during and after preparing food, before eating, after taking a bath and animals after contact.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and floors, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. Soap and water are usually sufficient to clean the place, but it would be safer to use as a disinfectant.
- Move are people with the disease is easily spread through contact, such as influenza, chicken pox or Bèlèkan. If you can avoid it do not, be careful not to touch your face with your hands before washing.
- Avoid (use of drainage, Close, Bury and mosquito) mosquito of dengue mosquito breeding and other 3M Plus. Make sure there is no standing water in your home, leave the bathroom regularly, including potentially serious aspects of the collection of water and bottles, utensils and other tank water.
- Cooking and serving healthy food. Knowing what foods should always be kept in the refrigerator. Do not leave perishable foods such as fresh milk, meatballs, chicken nuggets and other outdoors for more than two hours. Cover foods tightly to steal not hit. Wash raw fruits and vegetables. Cook meat, poultry and eggs, very mature. Make sure to buy from a trusted source. Meat is difficult to know how can Anthrax disease and avian flu is extremely dangerous bear.
- Get vaccinations. Make sure your baby gets all immunizations on time. If you travel in areas prone to receive appropriate vaccinations before you go. The pilgrims must be vaccinated against meningitis before departure.
- Use antibiotics wisely. Influenza, dengue and other viral infections can not be treated with antibiotics. Bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics when they receive is not required.
- Maintain the cleanliness and health of the animal. provide appropriate immunization. Disconnect firmly products used by the animals as family members. Clean dirt and cages regularly with disinfectant soap.
- Avoid contact with wild animals that can transmit dangerous diseases. Rats can carry bubonic plague and leptospirosis. wild birds and poultry may carry the avian flu. Cats and wild dogs can transmit rabies.
- Eating foods that are antioxidant and multivitamin A, C and E. happens to your body to have a better immune system by eating. If your immune system is weak, consult your doctor for a treatment to improve.