Definition, functions and properties of red blood cells (RBCs) | Discussion This time the concept of red blood cells, the role of red blood cells, and properties of red blood cells and the formation, or the formation of red blood cells (erythrocytes). first discuss the concept of red blood cells. Understanding of red blood cells are blood cells, most of which are in our body, oxygen and other substances in blood cells, the red cells are microscopic wear and no nucleus, red blood cells or erythrocytes. Erythrocytes derived from the Greek, namely erythros average number of red blood cells and kytos means. erythrocytes and (erythrocytes) as flat, round, concave central portion (bikongkaf). Nonbasic The erythrocytes are red because containhemoglobin. You know what is hemoglobin? .. Hemoglobin is a protein compound with iron.
Red blood cells are formed in the surface of the red bone. In addition, the blood circulates in the body through blood vessels. The age of the red blood cells, which is only about 120 days. Red blood cells, whose parents either demolished by the liver and spleen. In the heart, hemoglobin becomes bile pigment (bilirubin), which is then stored in the gallbladder. This Bilibirun used to color the chair. No iron in hemoglobin then removed and used to form new cells.
The primary function of red blood cells, the binding of oxygen and carbon dioxide. Yangsangat part of red blood cells plays a role in hemoglobin binds oxygen. A process for the binding of oxygen by hemoglobin in the lungs can be summarized as follows ..
Carbon diokasida more soluble in water than oxygen. Carbon dioxide is not difficult, but it is easy to do with the water contained in the blood plasma to bind carbon dioxide. Carbonic acid and the free hydrogen ions, the pH of the blood decreases because the (acid). When dioaksida carbon can be transported in this way, your metabolism will be affected. So no harm, no more than 5% to 10% of the transmission network resulting carbon diokasida suffered in this way. transport dioxide remaining red blood cells taken atoms. About 25% carbon dioxide formed karbominohemoglobin binds to hemoglobin in red blood cells. Carbon dioxide is not bound to hemoglobin in the same location on the oxygen. red blood cells from the heart to the body cells and increasing the oxygen transport carbon dioxide from the remains of cell oxidation is released. Red blood cells in the body to the lungs will bind oxygen. The binding of oxygen carried by hemoglobin in an increase in carbon dioxide emissions. Given these two important mechanisms, the transport of carbon dioxide can be safely and quickly.
Under normal conditions, the number of red blood cells in the human body is about five million kubim millimeters (mm 3) of blood. The environment also affects the number of blood cells in the body of a person. The, the slightly higher oxygen content in the atmosphere decreases. People living in mountainous areas to maintain the adaptation by the number of red blood cells proliferate, the oxygen demand of the body are not met.
From the discussion above it can be concluded on the role of red blood cells, red blood cell properties and the formation of red blood cells. among others, the following sebaga ..
- The red cell function
The function of red blood cells several body functions, among others ..
- Oxygen throughout the body of the product: After being formed by the growth of the red bone marrow, red blood cells in all body propagation tissues of oxygen from the lungs to the transport and release then put it into the lungs for expulsion.
- Analysis of blood groups: Analysis of blood groups can occur because it is determined by the presence or absence of antigen aglutinogen in RBCs. Group of blood cells are A, B, AB and O
- immune system (detection) Maintain: can keep the immune system because of the role of hemoglobin, the counter by eliminating free radicals from pathogens or lysis by bacteria that can destroy the cell membrane and the wall and kills pathogenic bacteria
- Dilation of blood dilation of blood vessels vessels may be because the erythrocytes release S-Nithrosothiol dialed during the hemoglobain experience terdeogsigenerasi released, blood vessels dilate and blood around the body, but especially in the areas the lack of blood.
- Characteristics of red blood cells
From the discussion above was knowable properties of red blood cells, among others ..
- The flat erythrocytes Bentul about half bikongkaf or concave,
- Red blood cells have a nucleus
- it is red because it contains hemoglobin
- Stimulates the lives of about 120 days globules
- Red blood cells is 4-5 million cells / mm3 of blood
- red cells 7-8pm m in diameter and a thickness of 1-2 micrometers; m
- Red blood cells are elastic
- The red blood cell formation process
Red blood cells are formed in the surface of the red bone. In addition, the blood circulates in the body through blood vessels. The age of the red blood cells or less days yakni120. Red blood cells that are old, will be demolished in the pigment of bile from the liver and converted limpa.diemoglobin (bilirubin), which is then stored in the gallbladder. This function returns the Bilibirun color in the chair. contains iron in hemoglobin is then removed and used to form new cells.
The process of formation of red blood cells based tables
- obtained or produced in the flat blood red marrow.
- All plans second red bone marrow are about two million cells up
- Cells were called reticulocytes dishes and issued by the bone marrow produced red. Reticulocyte ore 1% in the bloodstream kurangl
- The cells begin to ripen changes in the plasma membrane are subjected to the phagocytic cells can be found, who are old, produce phagocytosis
- Hemoglobin in the bile pigment (bilirubin) converted, which is then stored in the gallbladder.