Health benefits of long-term weight loss
The authors of the study mentioned above, the areas of our body and the diseases that are most affected, such as weight loss in a positive way are:
- Blood Pressure – Weight loss can lower blood pressure;
- Heart – diet reduces the risk of heart disease;
- Type 2 diabetes – In people who suffer from insulin resistance, weight loss reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, or if it already exists, to slow progression;
- glycemic control – weight loss allows for better control of blood sugar in all and especially for people with type 2 diabetes;
- the profile of lipids in the blood – weight loss is usually accompanied (good cholesterol) by lowering triglycerides and increased HDL cholesterol;
- Arthritis – For people with osteoarthritis, I D, weight loss may be accompanied by a reduction in symptoms;
- obstructive sleep apnea – Weight loss usually are not able to solve the sleep problem, but also helps reduce overall;
- hyperventilation syndrome – a significant weight loss can reduce the symptoms associated with hyperventilation syndrome;
- Asthma – Weight loss is often accompanied by a reduction in symptoms of asthma;
- Cancer – It seems that the results of long weight loss in a lower risk of cancer;
- Quality of life – as a result of weight loss, a general increase in prosperity;
- Mortality – The study suggests that weight loss may be related, among young and middle-aged people, also to reduce the risk of death.
health benefits of a short-term weight loss
Even a short-term weight loss, no doubt, has beneficial effects on human health. Its positive effects are limited when they are able to maintain the lowest weight.
In general, however, when it becomes the first benefits seem to disappear: some studies 5) The existence of long-term benefits in the presence of short-term weight loss seem to prove.
This phenomenon is known as the “metabolic memory”: the nature of cells in our body always positive “memory” undermine positive state achieved when the body weighed less.
The risks associated with weight loss associated with overweight people.
If talk about the benefits of treatment, drug, but a therapy designed to lose weight, we must never forget that there may be some drawbacks.
These drawbacks are largely dependent on the patient’s situation, but it should be noted, in general, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
As already mentioned, the therapies can often lose body weight is used, divided into three main categories:
- behavioral therapies – therapies affect eating habits, diet and physical activity;
- drug therapies – are therapies that use medications and vitamin supplements;
- Surgical treatment – these also include liposuction.
Behavioral therapies are usually those who have less risk. Those pharmacological and surgical, mainly when used to achieve spectacular results quickly greatest risk (remember, moreover, appears to be in danger in these cases, most to be with foie gras or inflammation of the gallbladder)
A conscious long-term weight loss, have obesity problems suffer health benefits for people, no doubt. ‘However, difficult to isolate E, the effects that weight loss has on health. In fact, even without considering the balance of life “of knowledge” that people want to accept the weight loss, affects 360 positive on our bodies.
Even in cases where problems of gall preexisting gallbladder weight loss could worsen liver by some people, the benefits are often much greater than the risks that accompany it.
Finally, for obese people to lose weight should never be an option, but a voluntary choice and decided to carry out as soon as possible.
And finally, as always in such cases, before starting treatment and should always rivolgetesi. For the family doctor, who may refer you to specialists who can follow through personalized therapy, on their journey as much as possible