Founded in 1981, the Department of Mental Health of Trieste has been gradually established in its tasks and functions, until you reach the current system, approved December 29, update the currently 1995 by the Director General Health and will continue. We quote below three paragraphs of Article 1, which are exposed with the goals and objectives of the Department of Mental Health clear:
are the Department for Protection of Mental Health is the operational structure of the company for health care for the purpose of prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation in the field of psychiatry and organization measures to protect the mental health of citizens -;
– It is the duty to work in the department, all forms of discrimination, stigma, exclusion towards people eliminate complaints of mental disorders and carriers and actively promote the rights and full citizenship;
– The Department ensures that services and health principles form one mental health organization and consistent in all the company works, taking care of fragmentation and the lack of action to avoid close coordination between services and other units to provide health services, with particular emphasis on district services and connection with the community and its institutions.
– Organizational structure
– Human resources, organizational and economic
– How to access mental health services
– The rights of people who face mental health services
The functions of the Director of the Department of Mental Health, also defined in the ’95 Regulation are policy, planning, management and monitoring of services and interventions, including:
- development processing rehabilitation and prevention through operating models that promote the implementation of programs and the Department of Mental health goals;
- the performance of management and monitoring of clinical diagnostic and therapeutic rehabilitation plan tasks;
- To motivate and evaluate staff training and the creation of a climate that promote productivity;
- the necessary measures to the government budget;
- behavior management activities, coordination and support to the relevant structures;
- collaborative experience for the design and construction of models of integration with the public and private accredited.
At the direction of the Department of Mental Health, only the following employees:
Nursing, which is responsible for the management, coordination and promotion of industry staff in negotiations with the heads of structures for tasks, staff composition, distribution of human resources in general.
Since there is a high demand for training that comes other Italian mental health departments, and coordinated by the International Cooperation and head of training, including internships, exchanges and visits to training, particularly in relation the study Center for mental health – WHO Collaborating Centre wHO, compared to the value inside and outside the company and ensures the development and personnel training.
Office cost accounting and cost centers, Secretariat for Coordination and relations with the administration, which takes the information from each department of the Department of Mental Health, contributes to the equitable distribution of resources, as shown Director of the Department of mental health and prepares support for the appropriate form of official Detects and resolution.
It also provides support for the formal management of personnel actions, relations with the administrative and operational structures of the SAA, the management of internal and external correspondence, and the activity of archives and printed documentation.
System Information Office in conjunction with the structures of the Department of Mental Health and directional signs, collects, processes and stores the epidemiological known for institutional purposes; It provides support developed in the programming and research by the Department of Mental Health.
How to access mental health services
To access the mental health services in Trieste without any special procedure: The request can be placed directly from the person concerned and / or other stakeholders (parents and family members, relatives, friends, neighbors, people in various ways involved in the center) for mental health has territorial jurisdiction (section the control unit see :. CMHC)
The Mental Health Centre operates an “against” to meet demand.
the action takes place in accordance with the rights to confidentiality and privacy “key users, while others need to submit the application, every effort is made to the person who shows symptoms or problems make the request using the service expressed in this direction. it is important that family members are directed by the doctor, the most appropriate efforts, the main users included in the granting of consent and its members in order not to jeopardize the relationship of trust that needs it is established at their first meeting.
The coordinates are:
- Direct access during business hours, the appointment and / or advising on request;
- Intervention of the house, it is a matter of urgency or less;
- Phone Application for an interview and / or counseling;
- request for intervention by the treating physician.
The first contact may also at different places in the mental health center: For the district, at home or in other establishments, institutions or social services or health. The arrival at the Mental Health Centre by the psychiatric diagnosis and treatment exclusively to persons whose application – usually urgent or emergency – is obtained by the emergency room structures of the hospital.
There are no waiting lists and the first interview is usually done within 24 hours of a request. The demand of the service staff and the first assessment after the first interview was approved, it was decided to / from a psychiatrist or psychologist / a, in collaboration with other team members (nurses / social workers ).
During the first contact that you take into account the problematic aspects are presented, made the assessment of the rationale and consistency of the project, indicating the possible continuation of the report mode. The answer is usually the treatment program are appropriate to the problems and needs of those involved: in this sense, the choice of service as much as possible to provide customized interventions, not standardized. To access the first interview is not necessary to pay the ticket to health ….