Definition of the five senses
The senses are the body of tools to respond to external circumstances used. human senses are often called the five senses, as it consists of the five senses, is a sense of sight (eyes), auditory (hearing), smelling / olfactory (nasal), taste (tongue) and direction touch (skin).
Indra or feel a contact interface between the soul in the form of intellectual self-confidence with the material environment. In Hinduism, there are eleven types of flavors and is so indriya EKA Dasa.
More The Five Senses namely:
- Seeing Sense (currency)
The eyes of the meaning of life especially human makluh, used a visual sensation. The eye is a very complex way. If we speak of the eye, then in our minds that the eyeball is directed upward, however, but in fact, not only roll his eyes and balloons, so that we can see, eyelashes, eyebrows the eyelids are also significant vision supporting role. Eyes are organs that work was connected to light (black light), to see the color and objects.
Parts for the eyes are as follows:
- cornea (cornea). useful cornea transmits light entering the eye. Light is finished in the retina or the retina.
- Iris (Iris). Iris is located behind the cornea of the eye. In the middle, it is called a gap iris or pupil student. No sense the amount of light entering the eye to regulate.
- lens. Useful for ocular development so that the light hits the eye directly to the retina. So are the objects that will be evident. lens of the eye has the ability mencembung flattened. The ability of the lens to change the curvature of the earth called the power of accommodation.
- Bening body. the most useful light is passed through the lens.
- retina (retina). useful for detecting light entering the eye.
- nervous eyes. continue to operate light stimuli to the brain.
- Ability to listen (ear)
The ears are the organs of the body, like the sense of hearing and organs used for balance. Ear is an organ that will help our hearing voices or noises that may occur, because the ears have specific receptors that serve to recognize the sound vibrations. But the ear has an audible sound limited frequency, namely the frequency of 20 Hz – 20 000 Hz.
Portions of the ear has three, namely:
- Pinna. The external ear consists of the ear, it is adapted to the auditory canal and the outer ear canal.The ear for picking up sound vibrations.
- middle ear. The middle ear consists of the eardrum (tympanic membrane), the ossicles and the Eustachian canal. bone ossicles hammer, anvil and sangurdi. If it does not appear to vibrate the eardrum and ossicles. Eustaquio ear canal cavity and the oral cavity is connected.
- In the ear. The inner ear consists of the window and supposedly elliptical cochlea. The inner ear is helpful to follow the sound stimuli to the brain.
- smell (nose)
The nose is the sense of smell, as well as a respirator. There nerves in the olfactory stimuli received transmitted to the brain from the nose. The inability to perceive the sense of smell is called anosmia. anosmia causes are:
Blockage of the nasal cavity, such as colds and diseases caused polyps.
Olfactory nerve disorders in some parts of the nose:
- straight hair Air Filter
- The fine hair that are sensitive to odors
- Nerve endings odor groups
- The nerve fibers transmit the exciting smells brain
- Indera Pencecap / taste (language)
- sense of taste (language)
Language is a collection of skeletal muscle on the floor of the mouth that can help digest food by chewing and swallowing. Aloe is like the mouth feeling are known to have more taster structure. The language also contributes to help the bicara.Juga per share of food in their mouth mirrors,
Language is an organ that acts on a chemical in the mouth as a receiver, so you can enjoy the taste of food and beverages. Receptors in the tongue in a position for receiving chemical stimuli in the form of the solution is known kemoreseptor.
The language has several other functions, including helping to organize the provision when we chew food, help by talking like swallowing food aid.
There are two muscles that play an active role in the movement of the tongue, the intrinsic muscles and extrinsic muscles. intrinsic muscle control fine movements of the tongue, while the extrinsic muscles and tongue hook the tab close to help make sudden movements like growing teeth, press the top of the mouth, pushing the tongue go my throat.
The parts of the tongue, namely:
- The tip of the tongue is sensitive to sweet taste
- side of the tongue is sensitive to salinity and acid
- base of the tongue is sensitive to bitter taste
- The sense of touch (Paperback)
The skin is the sense of touch. In skin there are nerve endings of touch. Not all skin is the same tentacle sensitivity. The most sensitive part of the fingertips and lips. rough, soft, hot, cold, and pain can vary the skin.
The outer skin is an organ of the body, covering the whole human body. his heavy approximately 7% of total leather estimated body weight. On the outer surface of the skin pores are – pores (cavities) which was welding. The skin is an organ that has many functions, such as different things in bulletproof vests that can be dangerous in contact, as one of the institutions that play a role in the elimination, regulation of body temperature, etc. In general, the skin is composed of two layers, the epidermis of the skin (epidermis) and the dermis (skin hidden), and there is a layer of fat under the skin (hypodermic) were also frequently discussed. Some sources also claim that the layer of fat under the skin is also contained in the layer of the skin, not isolated in the group layer of skin.
It will consist of three layers of the skin are:
- The layer of the epidermis (outer layer / skin Ari)
The layer of the epidermis has a thickness of about 0.1 mm and consists of four epithelial tissue layers. Each layer of the epidermis, has its own characteristics, the epidermis layer has no blood vessels, it is therefore the absorption of nutrients by diffusion from the lower layer of the dermis. Here are four layers of the epidermis:
- horny layer (stratum corneum)
- Lapisan Malphigi (granular layer)
- Lapisan spiny (thorny Stratus)
- base layer (seed layer)
- The dermis (skin leather)
The skin dermis layer is a layer of blood vessels is, sebaceous glands, hair follicles, the end – of sensory nerve endings and sweat glands. The blood vessels in the broad coating, to allow about 5% of the amount of blood in the body. Here is the explanation of the dermis of the skin constituents:
- blood vessel
- nerve endings sense
- the sweat
- Katung hair
- sebaceous glands
- hypodermic (leather connective tissue down)
An injection of connective tissue in the dermis layer, but the distinction between the hypodermic dermis is uncertain. This layer is where fat storage in the body, it is often known under the bottom layer of the fat. The grease used against impact by hard objects, as guardian to protect the body temperature because fat can store heat, and as a source of backup power.